614-252-5271 ext. 199
The mission statement of the Communication Department is -- building bridges of hope. This we will accomplish by reaching the diverse church audiences, both within and externally, with an open, responsible, and hope-filled communication program. We will effectively use contemporary technologies and methods of communication. The desired effect of our vision and activities is to create a favorable image of the church, its mission, life and activities, and witness that many will become followers of Christ and become members of this, His church.
Mission: To tell the unique and positive story of what God is doing through the lives, mission, and witness of the constituents of Allegheny West Conference by using the most effective means of communication.
Vision: Building bridges of hope.
Our commitment to communicate hope by focusing on the quality of life that is complete in Jesus Christ
Our commitment to creative relevance (1 Cor 9:19)
Our commitment to standards of excellence (1 Cor 3:13)
Our commitment to express all communication in the context of the church's strategic values of unity, growth and quality of life
Public Relation Tips:
Public Relations Tips:
Signage! Contact Stewart Signs to get a free quote today!
Contact your local news media—print and/or television—to learn submission deadlines, guidelines, etc. Introduce yourself to the staff; make friends
Set up a free church and/or school website through Adventist Church Connect.
- Post news stories on your website at least weekly.
- Share calendar items and keep them current.
- Share documents. If you're a church, post your bulletin as a PDF.
- Keep contact information current—phone numbers, email addresses, maps, etc.
- Start a blog. A great person to do this would be the pastor or principal.
- Provide additional resources. For example, link to the Georgia-Cumberland Conference and North American Division websites.
Use the Seventh-day Adventist logo to brand.
Establish a presence on social media. Start with Facebook and/or Twitter.