Department Head: Bryant Smith
614-252-5271 ext. 43
The mission statement of the Communication Department is -- building bridges of hope. This we will accomplish by reaching the diverse church audiences, both within and externally, with an open, responsible, and hope-filled communication program. We will effectively use contemporary technologies and methods of communication. The desired effect of our vision and activities is to create a favorable image of the church, its mission, life and activities, and witness that many will become followers of Christ and become members of this, His church.
Vision: To create a favorable image of the church, it's mission, life, witness and related activities by using the most effective means of communication.
Mission: Building bridges of hope.
- Our commitment to communicate hope by focusing on the quality of life that is complete in Jesus Christ
- Our commitment to creative relevance (1 Cor 9:19)
- Our commitment to standards of excellence (1 Cor 3:13)
- Our commitment to express all communication in the context of the church's strategic values of unity, growth and quality of life
Public Relation Tips:
Public Relations Tips:
Signage! Contact Stewart Signs to get a free quote today!
Contact your local news media—print and/or television—to learn submission deadlines, guidelines, etc. Introduce yourself to the staff; make friends
Set up a free church and/or school website through Adventist Church Connect.
- Post news stories on your website at least weekly.
- Share calendar items and keep them current.
- Share documents. If you're a church, post your bulletin as a PDF.
- Keep contact information current—phone numbers, email addresses, maps, etc.
- Start a blog. A great person to do this would be the pastor or principal.
- Provide additional resources. For example, link to the Georgia-Cumberland Conference and North American Division websites.
Use the Seventh-day Adventist logo to brand.
- Establish a presence on social media. Start with Facebook and/or Twitter.